Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Joaquin's 4th Birthday

Today is Joaquin's 4th Birthday!
I am so lucky that 4 Years ago my life changed for the better. 
I hope Joaquin had a fun and enjoyful Happy Birthday! 
We celebrated at his day care with his friends and at home with his family.

 Celebrating at school
 

Diego celebrating with his brother at school
 

Celebrating at home 
       
                  

 Celebrating at home with cousins


Some of his gifts
                 
             
Dear Joaquin,

All that I can say is that being your mom makes me want to wake up in the morning. My eyes light up when you come into the room, your laughter sounds like music to my ears, and I love all the "WHY" questions you ask every day.
I can say that the day God saw fit to let me be your mom was the day He created a new space in my heart just for you. A space that is every bit as special and cozy and perfect and open for more growth as Diego's space or Daddy's space. And that I'm so glad that He did.

All that I can say is that my life is indescribably better with you in it. 
That you make me desire to be a better human being.
And that every day, even if it makes me cry a little bit, I make myself realize that seeing your face and touching your cheek and smelling your skin is not a guarantee. . . but a privilege that I should never take for granted.

And that I promise to make my LOVE for you a verb every single day so that you grow up feeling and knowing and believing and internalizing the love in my eyes that sometimes has to speak for all that I cannot say. 

Happy 4th Birthday, son. . . .
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment